Neely Avenue is the main artery linking the Ball State University Campus to downtown Muncie. The City of Muncie after years of planning and engineering have broken ground on a complete reconstruction consisting of sidewalks and better aesthetics to fit within the motive and connection of Ball State University.
Built in 1928 at a cost of over $400,000, the Muncie Fieldhouse was built to house Muncie Central Bearcat basketball games. The Fieldhouse contains 7,635 seats, making it one of the largest high school gymnasiums in the country--a reflection on the importance of the game of basketball to Indiana.
Learn more about the history of Muncie