Historic Preservation & Rehabilitation Commission
About the Commission
Established in 1976, the Commission's primary duty is to oversee the exterior alteration of buildings and sites designated as local landmarks. They are also charged with the preparation and execution of a preservation plan; the promotion of the public interest in historic preservation; assisting landmark owners in the proper preservation of their properties; and helping to establish neighborhood development corporations within historic areas.
Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor for 3 year terms. The current Commission consists of the following individuals:
- Margaux Dever, Chair, Anthony-Northside Neighborhood
- Holly Juip, Vice Chair, Wysor Heights District
- Nora Powell, City Council At-large
- Lynn Thornburg, Emily Kimbrough District
- Kyle Johnson, County Government
- John Heppner, Emily Kimbrough District
- Mike Mavis, Emily Kimbrough District
- Brad King, Historic Preservation Officer
The Commission meets in the Engineers Conference Room on the 3rd floor of City Hall at 5:30pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month.
The Commission and its staff are all volunteers contributing their time to historic preservation in Muncie.Muncie Historic Preservation Plan 2016
Search Muncie's Historic Properties
Follow the above links for more information!