Cowing Park in Muncie

Cowing Park is situated along Pauline Ave. and at the dead-ends of Cowing Dr., Tilmor Dr., and Cowing Park Ln. This park contains many large trees and large open spaces for spontaneous play. Facilities provided include a half court (basketball), two tennis courts, cement picnic tables, several benches, playground equipment, and a grill. Parking is available where the roads dead-end and along Pauline Ave. There are no restroom facilities, nor are there water fountains. Though there is no apparent change to this park in the last five years, the swings have been replaced and the grill replaced.


Located at:

North Pauline Avenue between West Waid Avenue & West Haines Avenue
Muncie, IN 47305
765-747-4858

Built in 1928 at a cost of over $400,000, the Muncie Fieldhouse was built to house Muncie Central Bearcat basketball games. The Fieldhouse contains 7,635 seats, making it one of the largest high school gymnasiums in the country--a reflection on the importance of the game of basketball to Indiana.

 

Learn more about the history of Muncie


Office of the Mayor
The Honorable Dennis Tyler

Muncie City Hall
Third Floor
300 N High Street
Muncie, IN 47305


mayor@cityofmuncie.com
(765) 747-4845
8am - 4pm (M-F)