Guthrie Park in Muncie

Located in the Kenmore Neighborhood, Guthrie Park is a large greenspace, as committed by covenant, bounded by University Ave., Riley Rd., North St., and Winthrop Rd. Visitors from outside the neighborhood have to park in the grass. The park offers a large openspace for spontaneous play and two benches. Lined with trees, the park is home to multiple memorials to loved ones that once resided in the neighborhood. Remnants of a cement pond bordered by some large rocks provide variation to the site.


Located at:

Corner of West University Avenue & North Riley Road
Muncie, IN 47305
765-747-4858

Built in 1928 at a cost of over $400,000, the Muncie Fieldhouse was built to house Muncie Central Bearcat basketball games. The Fieldhouse contains 7,635 seats, making it one of the largest high school gymnasiums in the country--a reflection on the importance of the game of basketball to Indiana.

 

Learn more about the history of Muncie


Office of the Mayor
The Honorable Dennis Tyler

Muncie City Hall
Third Floor
300 N High Street
Muncie, IN 47305


mayor@cityofmuncie.com
(765) 747-4845
8am - 4pm (M-F)