Muncie Community Development
About the Office:
Primary function of the department is to administer entitlement grants to the City of Muncie from U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), currently including:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Home Investment Partnership Program (HOME)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Community Development Block Grant-Recovery Act (CDBG-R)
- Community Development Block Grant-COVID-19 (CDBG-CV)
- Lead-based Hazard Remediation Demonstration Grant (LHRDG from IHCDA)
These are intended by HUD to develop and revitalize viable urban communities by providing decent affordable housing and a suitable living environment, and by expanding economic opportunities, principally for low- and moderate-income persons.
CDBG PUBLIC FACILITIES PROJECTS
The results of the 2020 Census will help determine how hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding flow into Muncie every year for the next decade. That funding shapes many different aspects of our community.
Below is a map showing Muncie's self-response rate to the 2020 Census by Census Tract.