Washington Park in Muncie

Located in the southwestern portion of the East Central Neighborhood, on the edge of the Emily Kimbrough Historical District, Washington Park takes up half of a city block. It is bounded by Adams St. to the north, Pershing Dr. to the east, Charles St. to the south, and a daycare center to the west. The only available parking is along the streets. The park has sidewalks along the perimeter with additional sidewalks that are lined with trees that diagonally dissect the park into 3 primary areas and a secondary area acting as a buffer to the daycare center. Elegant park furniture is placed throughout the park, including benches, trashcans, and light poles. The northern portion of the park offers playground equipment. Areas to the east and south are mounded providing interest and open areas for picnics or spontaneous play.


Located at:

Adams St., Pershing St., & Charles St.

Built in 1928 at a cost of over $400,000, the Muncie Fieldhouse was built to house Muncie Central Bearcat basketball games. The Fieldhouse contains 7,635 seats, making it one of the largest high school gymnasiums in the country--a reflection on the importance of the game of basketball to Indiana.

 

Learn more about the history of Muncie


Office of the Mayor
The Honorable Dennis Tyler

Muncie City Hall
Third Floor
300 N High Street
Muncie, IN 47305


mayor@cityofmuncie.com
(765) 747-4845
8am - 4pm (M-F)